mail file blocking

From: Noel Clarkson (
Date: Thu 21 Feb 2002 - 05:53:51 UTC

    Hi all,

    I'm having a problem and I'm not sure what's causing it but thought someone
    here would have experienced similar things if it was due to Anomy. Every
    so often when someone receives a copy of the Magistrate virus (which anomy
    runs through the virus scanner and deletes nicely) the mail spool file
    becomes blocked and untill we manually edit it and put a line of space
    below one of the boundary markers our mail client (Outlook97) gets stuck on
    that message. It only happens now and then but is rather annoying when it
    does (as it can often be a few days before some people realise they're not
    getting their mail and then they get annoyed about getting it late). I've
    had it with all three versions of Anomy that I've used (currently on the
    latest version), I don't have anything really complicated in the conf file
    or anything.

    Anyone had similar problems or got any idea what to do to try and figure
    out where the problem is??

    Thanks for any thoughts,

    hosted by