anomy-list

Re: Anomy + sendmail 8.12.2

From: alex morris (36001@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 12 Feb 2002 - 00:54:14 UTC

    I am using sendmail 8.12.1 and anomy 1.48, and I do not have modify the
    submit.cf at all. I use the anomy edits to sendmail.cf along with
    mailertable and the access db anti-spam feature, and my submit.cf is the
    default.

    If you see errors in your sendmail log file from the msp trying to
    deliver to user.yourdom.com.ANOMY, (I typically use .CLEAN, but it's
    configurable) and you are using the access db feature, you might try
    some sendmail testing to see if it is blocking you.

    echo '/map access evil-blocked.com' | sendmail -bt -d38.20

    where evil-blocked.com is a domain you block in your access db.. This
    should show you that the access map was opened, and a value was
    returned.

    then try

    echo '/map access mydomain.com.ANOMY' | sendmail -bt -d38.20

    and see if your sendmail permits or denies your own domain relay..

    I found I had to have RELAY entries specifically for the domain I serve
    (mydomain.com.CLEAN) in my access db, or the msp would not deliver.

    Perhaps my sendmail is just whacked, but if so, it is whacked in a
    delivering-kind of way. :)

    But, I have built up quite a lot of confidence in the anomy sanitizer.

    alex

    Charles Tassell wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > The newer versions of sendmail use a "submit.cf" config file (instead of
    > sendmail.cf) for handling mail that is sent from the local machine (which
    > sanitized mails are, as they are fed through sendmail -oi -f fromaddress
    > destinationaddress.ANOMY if you use the HACK(anomy) feature). Now, the
    > problem is that the submit.cf file doesn't know to rewrite .ANOMY addresses
    > to remove the .ANOMY (the R$* < @ $+ .ANOMY >
    > $* $1<@$2.>$3 stuff) Where should I put this in submit.cf
    > so that it will deliver mails?

    hosted by molar.is