Re: file list rules processing

From: Dave Cridland (
Date: Thu 07 Feb 2002 - 21:20:40 UTC

    On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 08:58, David Tilley wrote:
    > It appears that Anomy stops processing a part as soon as it gets a rule
    > match. That is, once a file_list_# pattern matches, remaining rules/patterns
    > are not checked for that part. Is this by design or have I misconfigured
    > somewhere?

    It's a restriction in the design.

    Anomy can't rewind the stream, since it may have been altered by a rule
    anyway. What it could do is chain multiple rules one after the other,
    but it doesn't do that - partly because the configuration would become
    only slightly less complex than Sendmail's. :-)

    I have been playing around with code which does allow this, but it's
    mighty complex getting everything to work intuitively, with a halfway
    readable configuration file.

    hosted by