anomy-list

Re: New "my party" worm -- uuencoded

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (34013@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 28 Jan 2002 - 19:35:42 UTC

    On 2002-01-28, 12:37:51 (-0700), D. J. Hagberg wrote:
    > Does Anomy have any facilities to quarantine the new "my party" worm?
    > That worm uses a vector that's new to me -- uuencoded file in the body of
    > the message, not as a separate MIME part. Kinda like we used to use to
    > send files around circa 1992 or so...

    Anomy does it's darndest to detect uuencoded attachments and handle
    them according the the same rules as it handles other attachments.

    The copies of MyParty that I've received so far were correctly
    handled - please let me know if it doesn't work for you (and send me
    samples!). Note that feat_uuencoded must be set to 1 (the default)
    for this to work.

     34013@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/ Spammers, please send plenty of email to: 34138@xyz.molar.is

    hosted by molar.is