anomy-list

Re: Recommended virus scanner programs.

From: Dave Cridland [Home] (32459@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 22 Jan 2002 - 16:29:21 UTC

    On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 14:38, Brett Simpson wrote:
    > Does anyone have any recommendations on a virus scanner program that I can add into Anomy? My goal is to use it not just for Anomy but also for checking any html content going through our Checkpoint firewalls via web browser access. Thanks.

    Personally, I use f-prot, since:
    a) They sponsor the development of Anomy Sanitizer (Although sadly not
    my Sanifilter front end to it, which is why it still has a couple of
    bugs)
    b) The Linux beta version is currently free, and rather good. It also
    handles all the archive formats I come across, and as such, it removes
    the one advantage that Amavis has.

    It's on http://www.frisk.is/

    Bear in mind that Anomy Sanitizer currently doesn't Sanitize HTTP
    messages. I've been thinking about this increasingly hard, though.

    Dave.

    hosted by molar.is