anomy-list

Re: Re: Junk mail from this list

From: Dave Cridland (31003@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 14 Jan 2002 - 18:11:55 UTC

    On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 13:36, Luc Pardon wrote:
    > > I hate giving in to the spammers and letting their abuse decrease
    > > the utility of the list.
    >
    > We're doing this already, kind of. It's a long time since there has
    > been so much traffic in a single day <g>. And the first time there is an
    > off-topic thread <g>.

    True. Indeed, this spam has generated so much traffic on the list, that
    I vote we keep it coming. :-)

    Actually, the best possible spam filter is a human. The most efficient
    is the list subscribers.

    I don't actually find it that much of a problem to just ignore the
    obvious spams.

    Dave.

    hosted by molar.is