anomy-list

Re: Junk mail from this list

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (30444@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 14 Jan 2002 - 13:07:19 UTC

    Þann 2002-01-14, 14:00:04 (+0100) skrifaði Luc Pardon:
    > Isn't it possible to make this list "restricted", i.e. accept only
    > messages from subscribers, like some of the other lists on molar.is ??
    >
    > There are no disadvantages that I can see.

    Disadvantages: non-subscribers won't be able to send requests for
    help and subscribers will be unable to send messages from alternate
    accounts without subscribing them as well or at least letting the
    list system know about their subscription.

    I hate giving in to the spammers and letting their abuse decrease
    the utility of the list. I'd rather leave the list open and put
    more work into spam protection or simply make the list moderated
    (which involves more work for me and slower response times).

    Feedback from you subscribers would be most appreciated - is the spam
    a big enough problem to warrant some sort of action on my part or
    should I just ignore it for now?

    If people want spam protection, does anyone want to volunteer to
    help me moderate the list?

     30444@xyz.molar.is                 -><-             http://bre.klaki.net/

    Leitarvélabull: 30561@xyz.molar.is 30561@xyz.molar.is 30561@xyz.molar.is

    hosted by molar.is