Re: Email attachments.

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (
Date: Mon 07 Jan 2002 - 18:32:11 UTC

    On 2002-01-07, 13:28:57 (-0500), Brett Simpson wrote:
    > I've run into a weird issue were attachments in forwarded emails are being
    > treated as case sensitive. For example an attachment of SULFNBK.EXE is
    > considered different than sulfnbk.exe. Is there a way to get around the case
    > sensitivity? Otherwise any combination of upper and lower case letters can
    > be used to fool anomy.

    Perl regexps are by default case sensitive, unless explicitly told
    otherwise. Within the Anomy configuration, this can be done by
    prefixing any and all expression patterns with "(?i)" (without the

    This is in fact how the default and sample configurations are all
    done, so you should have plenty of stuff to cut'n'paste. :)

    Bjarni R. Einarsson                           PGP: 02764305, B7A3AB89                -><-

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: Spammers, please send plenty of email to:

    hosted by