Re: Announcing, revision 1.48

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (
Date: Fri 04 Jan 2002 - 21:34:32 UTC

    On 2002-01-04, 21:35:52 (+0000), Dave Cridland wrote:
    > On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 20:07, Bjarni R. Einarsson wrote:
    > > Revision 1.48: (January 04, 2002)
    > Aw... Only just updated Sanifilter to use 1.45. More work... :-)

    Nah hardly any work... should be a drop-in replacement. The only
    exception is that you will probably want to remove the macro scanner
    from your code and use the module I created for it instead.

    > Something for the wishlist:
    > Some virus scanners (f-prot 3.11b for Linux, from
    > for instance) handle scanning files in quoted-printable and/or base64.
    > Since decoding these in C, or handling them directly, is probably
    > faster, can we have an option to specify that the scanning mechanism can
    > work on Base64, quoted-printable, uuencoded, etc? Should give us
    > slightly faster code, for not much programming.

    True, this is something I should consider.

    > Meanwhile, I should report I've been having endless fun and games
    > putting some security features into Sanifilter - I should have a version
    > which chroots and drops root privs fairly shortly.

    Excellent - have you given any thought to whether you want to keep
    your code seperate or have it included in the "Sanitizer" package?
    I'd be quite interested in including it, simply because for many
    applications your front-end to the sanitizer engine is much, much
    better than the default I'm distributing.

    Bjarni R. Einarsson                           PGP: 02764305, B7A3AB89                -><-

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: Spammers, please send plenty of email to:

    hosted by