anomy-list

Re: Announcing sanitizer.pl, revision 1.48

From: Dave Cridland (28265@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 04 Jan 2002 - 21:35:52 UTC

    On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 20:07, Bjarni R. Einarsson wrote:
    > Revision 1.48: (January 04, 2002)

    Aw... Only just updated Sanifilter to use 1.45. More work... :-)

    Something for the wishlist:

    Some virus scanners (f-prot 3.11b for Linux, from http://www.frisk.is/
    for instance) handle scanning files in quoted-printable and/or base64.

    Since decoding these in C, or handling them directly, is probably
    faster, can we have an option to specify that the scanning mechanism can
    work on Base64, quoted-printable, uuencoded, etc? Should give us
    slightly faster code, for not much programming.

    I might, if you're lucky, do some work on the Macro scanner such that it
    works on Base64 in return.

    Meanwhile, I should report I've been having endless fun and games
    putting some security features into Sanifilter - I should have a version
    which chroots and drops root privs fairly shortly.

    FWIW, I've started running my email through Sanifilter now, so you might
    consider that "Beta", now, rather than "Icky Nasty Evil", as it used to
    be.

    Dave.

    hosted by molar.is