anomy-list

DNS error ?

From: Benoit des Ligneris (26805@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 13 Dec 2001 - 02:17:40 UTC

    Hello,

    Well, I've got a problem whem sanitizing emails in-transit with anomy.

    I did many tests with an alternate name so that I changed the name of
    the server while treating the mail, something like

    R$*<@courrier-test.baba.com>$* $#procmail
    $@/etc/anomy.rc $:$1<@courrier.baba.com.>$2

    And all works fine !

    However, now that I'm satisfied with anomy and I would like to use it in
    production so I changed the MX for courrier so that it point to the
    email gateway and the recipe to :

    R$*<@courrier.baba.com>$* $#procmail
    $@/etc/anomy.rc $:$1<@courrier.baba.com.>$2

    However, I have an error becaus the DNS says that the mail loops back to
    myself because sendmail use the MX record for the host.

    I tried _several_ solution :
    FEATURE(nodns) but it is no more supported
    (sendmail 8.11.6)

    The I tried to trick sendmail by using /etc/hosts file :
    define(`HOSTS_FILE',`/etc/hosts')
    where I added the IP and name of courrier.baba.com

    I played with mailertable, made another mailer (*anomy*) and so on
    but when I did so the same problem arise : infinite loop or DNS error.

    I think I misunderstood something more or less fundamental !

    Any help more than welcome.

    Thanks by advance,

    Ben

    --
     La réalité, c'est ce qui fait mal lorsqu'on éteint
     l'ordinateur.

    Benoit des Ligneris ICQ : 12052994 http://www.physique.usherb.ca/~bligneri/

    Président du GULUS http://www.gulus.org/

    Développeur MyDynaWeb http//mydynaweb.sf.net/

    Key Fingerprint : 3A58 11D1 686A B4D4 5220 BB34 7D98 BF45 B57B 85B8 12:31pm up 2 days, 15:26, 4 users, load average: 0.08, 0.04, 0.00

    hosted by molar.is