anomy-list

catch-all regex?

From: alex morris (25706@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 06 Dec 2001 - 17:29:19 UTC

    I am an Anomy-er, v1.44, doing in-transit sanitizing with sendmail, and
    virus scanning with Sophos. I have had great success with it. Since
    Nov 19th, out of 29,000 messages, we have trapped 130 viruses. Thanks,
    Bjarni!

    However, I got bit this morning with an old virus that I should have
    trapped, but didn't, because I lacked the file extension definition in
    the sanitizer config.. I have since added the missing extension to
    another one of my file_list_ rules, and should catch it if it appears
    again. But,

    In looking at my sanitizer.cfg file, I have a file_list_2

    file_list_2_scanner = 0:20:24,36:/usr/local/bin/sweepit.sh %FILENAME
    file_list_2_policy = accept:defang:save:save
    file_list_2 = ^[^\.]+$

    I interpret this regex to mean

    "one or more NOT dots at the end of the filename"

    How can I modify this (or even add a file_list_ rule) to be a catch-all
    bucket? In other words, I want to define a file_list_ that will match
    any file extension, including no extension at all..

    Would something like the following work?

    file_list_2 = (?i)*

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

    thanks,

    alex