anomy-list

Re: Anomy and Aliasing

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (25582@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 05 Dec 2001 - 20:18:20 UTC

    On 2001-12-05, 10:04:47 (-0500), Trevor Welsh wrote:
    > Our mailing gateway on our main domain uses anomy, and works fine, however,
    > we have a second server on a different domain, that forwards mail (Via a
    > mail alias) and anomy does not seem to run on these forwarded emails. Is
    > there a reason for this? Is there a way to correct this?

    You'd need to tell us how the gateway running Anomy is configured for
    us to be able to answer this question. Is it run from procmail, or
    using the sendmail hacks described in the manual? Or is it running
    on qmail or postfix?

    If server A forwards mail to B, then the forwarded message will not get
    processed by any procmail filters installed on A.

    If server A forwards mail to B, then the forward message /might/ get
    processed by procmail or sendmail filters on B, depending on the
    configuration.

    The sendmail-hack examples in the manual discussed explicitly naming the
    domain for which mail should be filtered - perhaps the forwarded messages
    are addressed to some other domain?

     25582@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/

    hosted by molar.is