anomy-list

Re: MS Documents getting mangled

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (24613@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 18 Oct 2001 - 20:28:06 UTC

    On 2001-10-18, 12:42:02 (-0700), Harold Paulson wrote:
    > This is what was in the sanitizer log file:
    >
    > 00099 Failed to create temporary file for scanning attachment!
    > I have to assume it is some sort of resource problem, but there is
    > plenty of disk, CPU and RAM to go around.

    Off the top of my head I came up with the following potential causes
    for that problem:

       - Out of disk space
       - Out of inodes
       - Out of file descriptors
       - Filename template scheme which can't resolve conflicts between
         I identical file names (isn't random enough).

    The last is my personal favorite, since the bug surfaced when you
    got spammed with five identical copies of the message...

     24613@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/

    hosted by molar.is