anomy-list

Re: Sending From and Recpient to scanner

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (23705@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 11 Oct 2001 - 19:08:51 UTC

    On 2001-10-08, 20:43:13 (+1000), Peter Williams wrote:
    > G'Day,
    >
    > I'm wanting to send the sender and recipient to the scanner for logging and
    > policy decision making purposes.
    > Is there a variable simular to the %FILENAME for these items?

    No, but I've added such things to 1.44 (in CVS) which I hope to release
    Real Soon Now (maybe later this evening).

    One word of advice though - don't count on this working very well.
    In general looking at message headers does NOT tell you who the message
    was destined for. Take this mailing list for example - people who
    recieve messages from this list may find no indication of which of their
    email addresses it was sent to in the headers.

    Sorry about the late reply. Been rather busy. :)

     23705@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/

    hosted by molar.is