Re: nimda and sanitizer

From: Sterling Hanenkamp (
Date: Wed 26 Sep 2001 - 19:13:01 UTC

    This is by no means official advice, but I wouldn't at all rely upon the default configuration to save you. I would definitely recommend writing your own policies to handle mangling .eml, .nws, and .dll attachments if you want it done. I'd recommend scanning those attachment types by an Anti-Virus scanner too. I'm probably going to include those files in my own policies when I next have an opportunity to revise them.

    <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>
     Sterling Hanenkamp
     Software Consultant
     Network Resource Group, Inc.
     1105 Hylton Heights
     Manhattan, KS  66502
     (785) 776-5878

    >>> "Alexander" <> 09/22/01 08:59AM >>> I've noticed that sanitizer does not mangle by default .eml, .nws and .dll attachements. I use it in production and very busy environment.

    Is ther any plans for integrating those options in next release of sanitizer? For the time been : what should bee done to get sanitizer to filter out .eml files ?

    kindest regards. Alexander Moloksher

    hosted by