anomy-list

1.35 -> 1.43: Overlooking Something Obvious ...

From: Jim Rosenberg (21126@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 17 Sep 2001 - 20:09:31 UTC

    Oh dear. I'm missing something pretty obvious, but I don't know what.

    I'm trying to upgrade an Intel system running OpenBSD 2.8-stable from
    Anomy 1.35 to 1.43. On my development machine, all the tests pass
    fine except for sanitizer.filenames. On the production machine none
    of the tests work. I'm getting a lot of output files that say
    nothing but *** Exit code was 255 ***.

    I had to install Digest::MD5, which wasn't required by 1.35. I may
    have done something stupid. I used CPAN to update the development
    machine, and then installed a tar file on the production machine with
    the files

    ./auto/Digest/MD5/MD5.so
    ./auto/Digest/MD5/MD5.bs
    ./auto/Digest/MD5/.packlist
    ./Digest/MD5.pm

    Did I miss something? testall.sh thinks Digest is installed.

    On the filenames check, on my development machine the
    sanitizer.filenames.diff file is full of this kind of thing:

    136c136
    < Unknown exit code: 512

    ---
    >           File was infected, but the virus checker fixed it.

    Any ideas appreciated ...

    --- #include <disclaimer.h> Jim Rosenberg Ross Mould E-mail: 21213@xyz.molar.is

    hosted by molar.is