anomy-list

Announcing sanitizer.pl, revision 1.43

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (19633@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 04 Sep 2001 - 16:22:31 UTC

    Hi all,

    I've uploaded the latest Sanitizer code to the web site (url is
    in my .sig). This release completes the Drastic Rewrites (tm)
    which means it should be less of a waste of time to hack on the
    code and add features - and it the changes should make such
    hacking easier. (Mental note: I should probably update the
    hacking chapter in the manual.)

    Major changes for users:

      - Default HTML defanging rule now kills LINK and FRAMESET
        tags. See the changelog for an explanation of why.

      - Fixed problems related to filename character rules.

      - Fixed logging bugs introduced in log code rewrite.

      - Made the charset of embedded messages configurable and
            fixed charset encoding bugs in same messages.

      - By popular demand the manual now emphasizes that scanner
        rules must have FOUR policies and THREE code groups. :)

    This release STILL lacks the scoring code, since I haven't
    gotten around to reimplementing it (mostly because I'm not
    using it).

    Enjoy! :-)

    Also: someone mentioned to me that the Sanitizer was mentioned
    in some Linux magazine - does anyone know what magazine/issue
    it was? I'm quite keen to hear about it when the Sanitizer is
    on- or offline publications.

     19633@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/

    hosted by molar.is