I've uploaded the latest Sanitizer code to the web site (url is
in my .sig). This release completes the Drastic Rewrites (tm)
which means it should be less of a waste of time to hack on the
code and add features - and it the changes should make such
hacking easier. (Mental note: I should probably update the
hacking chapter in the manual.)
Major changes for users:
- Default HTML defanging rule now kills LINK and FRAMESET
tags. See the changelog for an explanation of why.
- Fixed problems related to filename character rules.
- Fixed logging bugs introduced in log code rewrite.
- Made the charset of embedded messages configurable and
fixed charset encoding bugs in same messages.
- By popular demand the manual now emphasizes that scanner
rules must have FOUR policies and THREE code groups. :)
This release STILL lacks the scoring code, since I haven't
gotten around to reimplementing it (mostly because I'm not
Also: someone mentioned to me that the Sanitizer was mentioned
in some Linux magazine - does anyone know what magazine/issue
it was? I'm quite keen to hear about it when the Sanitizer is
on- or offline publications.
-- Bjarni R. Einarsson PGP: 02764305, B7A3AB89 email@example.com -><- http://bre.klaki.net/
Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/