anomy-list

can simplify do this ?

From: mark david mcCreary (18982@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Sat 25 Aug 2001 - 11:19:53 UTC

    Bjarni

    Thanks for releasing your simplify program.

    I am trying to use that program to grab the text part of a
    multipart/alternative message. Simplify does that, but hardcodes the
    headers of the output to be

    In some cases, the real message had a Content-Transfer-Encoding of
    Quoted Printable, and a charset of UTF-8.

    I need for those headers to remain intact in the output message, so
    that further translations are possible.

    The second task I was hoping to use Simplify for is to grab an
    attached binary file, in a multipart message, and leave the binary in
    the body of the email message.

    That is, should somebody send in an email, with an attached MS Word
    file, I want to grab that file and run it thru catdoc, or some ms
    word to text utility. While I can use procmail to filter the body of
    a message thru catdoc, first I need to get just the attachment into
    the body of the message.

    Are either of these tasks within the realm of possiblity for simplify ?

    THanks

    mark

    hosted by molar.is