anomy-list

Compiling the sanitizer with perlcc

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (18379@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 22 Aug 2001 - 12:51:21 UTC

    I thought the list might find this interesting - supposedly this can
    reduce the time it takes to load the sanitizer.

    ----- Forwarded message from Andrew McGill <18462@xyz.molar.is> -----

    Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:34:57 +0200 (SAST)
    From: Andrew McGill <18462@xyz.molar.is>
    To: <18502@xyz.molar.is>
    Subject: Anomy 1.35 perlcc report

    Hello there

    I don't have the address of the mailing list handy, but you are welcome
    to forward this. I compiled the anomy sanitizer into an executable using
    perl-5.6.0-81:

            perlcc sanitizer.pl

    The resulting executable file appears to work (although I didn't try the
    tests ... hmmm) However, when it is run from sendmail under linux (2.2.x
    kernel) certain messages cause it to become a zombie process (ie. it dies
    / exits and sendmail does not notice). This does not appear to happen
    with the uncompiled version.

    &:-)

    ----- End forwarded message -----

     18379@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/