anomy-list

Re: Use of Sophos sweep not working

From: Chang Kai Cheong (17957@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 14 Aug 2001 - 08:52:28 UTC

    QUOTED_MESSAGE:
    > On 2001-08-13, 10:43:16 (+0800) Chang Kai Cheong:
    [SNIP]

    > Yes, four policies are required at the moment. I could
    > make it more flexible (and might, since this seems to be a
    > common error), but the reason I decided on four is because
    > virus scanners commonly return the following
    > reports:
    >
    >   clean, disinfected, infected, error
    >

    > ... each of which you might want to respond to in a
    > different way.

    Hi Bjarni,

    Thanks very much for your great work. I think it may be helpful to
    put a note in the documentation (for newbies like me).

    By the way, I also found one funny scenario that the attachment
    won't get scanned by external virus scanner if its name contained some
    funny characters (like Chinese). I think it might be the problem of
    creating the attached file in the underlying filesystem. Can it be
    rectified using an artificial file name instead?

    Regards,
    KC Chang

    hosted by molar.is