anomy-list

Announcing sanitizer.pl rev. 1.40

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (16622@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 07 Aug 2001 - 15:42:06 UTC

    Hi!

    I've finally gotten around to scraping together all the little
    contributions which have been accumulating in my mailbox and
    banging together a new release. Thanks to everyone who
    contributed, and thanks for your patience.

    This release includes the beginnings of some major reorganizations,
    with more to come in the next weeks/months. Please test it
    carefully. It also includes some pretty important bug-fixes, so if
    it works (AFAIK it does) then you'll definately want to upgrade.

    Check the CHANGELOG for a complete list of changes.

    In related news, I've been working hard at my new job at FRISK
    Software International, implementing an internet-based service to
    sanitize people's mail for them. The service went live last week,
    for initial beta testing. If any of you are interested in joining
    the group of beta-testers, please contact me directly (not via.
    the mailing list). In theory buying the service from FRISK should
    be both more secure (since I work down the hall from the virus
    analysts, the virus definitions should get updated *fast*) and
    less of a hassle than installing the sanitizer yourself. While
    it's in beta the service is free, and beta-testers will get
    discounts once the beta period ends.

    Also, those of you looking for a virus scanner to use with Anomy
    might want to check FRISK's web site (www.frisk.is) later this
    week for the new Linux version of the F-Prot virus scanner.

    Cheers! :-)

     16622@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/

    hosted by molar.is