anomy-list

Re: About outgoing mail traffic ..

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (13943@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 19 Jun 2001 - 20:28:00 UTC

    On 2001-06-19, 14:31:58 (-0500), Sergio J Rojas H wrote:

    > Hello List!
    >
    > I've already a sanitizer working very well.
    >
    > How can I block outgoing trafic like incoming does?

    Actually, this hasn't been implemented yet. That is to say, it is
    possible using the sanitizer and a clever sendmail configuration, but
    noone has done so yet as far as I know.

    The main difference would be that when you are dealing with outgoing
    traffic you will want to use very different rules from those you use
    for incoming traffic. For example, I wouldn't want partial or
    rewritten messages to leave the company - I would want infected
    messages stopped and possibly forwarded to the local admin so he
    knows that one of his users has an infected machine.

    One way this could be done would be to use relatively simple procmail rules
    that check the sanitizer's exit code.

     13943@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/

    hosted by molar.is