anomy-list

Re: Majordomo and Sanitizer

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (13281@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 18 May 2001 - 12:33:37 UTC

    On 2001-05-18, 08:14:15 (-0400), Brian Schonecker wrote:
    > I've not seen any discussion on sanitizing mailing lists w/ Majordomo.
    >
    > I have an "all" group on my server that employees routinely send
    > attachments to. Since there are about 200 individuals on this email list,
    > I get 200 copes of the attachment.
    >
    > I want to strip out ALL attachments to my "all" mail list. Since 'all' is
    > aliased in my /etc/aliases files, there is no $HOME for "all".
    >
    > Where should I start?

    I'm tempted to answer with "dump Majordomo, it's crap", but that's probably
    not the answer you are looking for. But I think it's good advice all the
    same...

    I suggest taking the relevant entries out of /etc/aliases and putting them
    in a single user's .procmailrc file instead (I've done this, works fine).
    Then you can pre-sanitize messages using a simple procmail rule as described
    in the sanitizer's manual.

    Simply killing all attachments is relatively simple once you've got the
    Sanitizer up and running.

     13281@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/

    hosted by molar.is