anomy-list

Re: Comments on 1.35

From: Ewald Beekman (12757@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 25 Apr 2001 - 08:49:49 UTC

    On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 01:31:32PM -0700, Peter Burkholder wrote:

    > 6) I'm surprised that " " (space) is converted to _. I didn't
    > know that it was a 'scary character'. I'm curious as to the
    > reason for that.

    I think the fear with spaces is that there is a possibility here
    to try and feed arguments after an (executable) filename. Can't think
    of an example that would actually do harm, but i actually like this
    feature. Perhaps it should be made an option.

    regards, Ewald...

    --
    Ewald H. Beekman, Network Engineer, Academic Medical Center,
    dept.  ADB/ICT Computer & Network Services,  The Netherlands

    hosted by molar.is