anomy-list

Re: A bug or a configuration error with permissions?

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (08872@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fös 12 Jan 2001 - 11:49:41 UTC

On 2001-01-10, 23:43:30 (-0500), Wayne Smith wrote:

> Insecure dependency in require while running setuid at
> /usr/local/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl line 49.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated, my company just received another *.vbs virus.

This problem will go away if you drop root privaleges before running
the sanitizer - stuff in /etc/procmailrc is run as root unless
otherwise specified. I suggest making the sanitization the last rule
in /etc/procmailrc, and preceding it with the following line:

  DROPPRIVS=yes

This is what I use. :-)

 08872@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/