anomy-list

Behavior of default policy?

From: Jessie Bryan (06511@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mið 13 Des 2000 - 01:58:21 UTC

Hello,

I used Bjarni's example for configuration
http://www.molar.is/en/lists/anomy-list/2000-10/0002.shtml

I am using this script by verbatim. I have /var/quaruntine dir created.
and changed the line '/usr/local/bin/avp.sh' to /usr/local/bin/sophos.sh'

which basically has: /usr/local/bin/sweep -ss -archive -di $1 && echo
"Virus Scanner last ran at `date`" | mail jbryan@localhost

and for some reason when I send a .exe file the defang default policy
runs, instead of file_list_1_policy = save

If I change the file_default_policy then all emails (even ones that SHOULD
match predefined policies) will match that and use that action.

Im wondering if I've totally missed something. Im running RH 6.2 i386 with
perl 5.004_04 (ya it's old). Im wondering if my perl version is the reason
why these policys arent working.

Also, I don't really understand why it's bad to call an external anti
virus program via global procmail. Were using sophos right now..

I am using the current version of sanitizer.pl

Can you think of any things I've missed, given the information here?

here is my procmailrc:
#############################
VERBOSE=on

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

LOGFILE=log

:0 c
backup-mailbox

ANOMY=/usr/local/anomy/
:0 fw
|/usr/local/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl /etc/sanitizer.cfg

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you.

 Jessie Bryan
 Systems Engineer | Data Communications
 NetLojix Communications, Inc. NASDAQ: NETX
 e - 06511@xyz.molar.is
 v - 805.884.6317
 f - 805.884.6311
 w - www.netlojix.com