anomy-list

Re: RE: Strange behaviour (by Exchange client?)

From: Bjarni Runar Einarsson (05404@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fim 02 Nóv 2000 - 14:57:26 UTC

On 2000-11-02, 12:38:10 (+0100), Kim Johnny Mathisen wrote:

> I'll get one user to send you an example. We don't use Outlook Express
> ourselves. We don't scan email twice anymore, so the files get mangled
> BEFORE it is scanned for viruses.

I found the problem, thanks for the sample. The offending header
looked like this:

In my test, this resulted in a filename with a .pp__t extension,
caused by the newline/tab combination when the header was split
between lines. This is something I should obviously fix. :)

The problem where the underscore is converted into a space is a
little more subtle, and has to do with how I decode quoted-printable
in message headers, but I think I know how to fix it too. This is
just one of many little details to do with RFC compliance of the
sanitizer that need work. I'll try and bang together a fixed version
of the sanitizer sometime within the next few days and share it with
you guys.

Thanks for the feedback!

 05404@xyz.molar.is              -><-             http://bre.klaki.net/

Netverjar gegn ruslpósti: http://www.netverjar.is/baratta/ruslpostur/