anomy-list

Announcing sanitizer.pl revision 1.26

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (03552@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fös 15 Sep 2000 - 13:42:46 UTC

Hi everyone,

I've uploaded a new revision of the sanitizer to the web site,
http://mailtools.anomy.net/.

>From the change log:

    Fixed a bug which caused HTML to be sanitized in message headers, no
    matter what the configuration said.

    Fixed a problem with inline uuencoded attachments that had spaces or
    other weird characters in their names. This could lead to
    HTML-defanging of uuencoded stuff, which is bad.

    Added protection against empty boundary string attacks against
    Exchange Server 5.5. Also fixed a bug in the feat_boundaries
    feature.

Thanks to a Kim Johnny Mathisen for the bug reports - this release
should address all the issues he has mentioned to me to date. If not,
then just keep 'em coming Kim. :-)

Kim also suggested that I add a feature to collect statistics about
the processed mail. This probably falls into the category of
"improving the logging features", and I think it is a good idea. So
it's on the TODO lists, any related suggestions (or unrelated for that
matter) are most welcome.

 03552@xyz.molar.is               -><-            http://bre.klaki.net/

Netverjar gegn ruslpósti: http://www.netverjar.is/baratta/ruslpostur/