anomy-list

Re: RE: PDF-files gets corrupted part II

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (03466@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fös 08 Sep 2000 - 10:15:35 UTC

I'm sending this to the list, since I suspect people there are somewhat
interested to hear my conclusions.

On 2000-09-07, 22:19:44 (+0200), Kim Johnny Mathisen wrote:
> >The difference between the two files is very interesting.. something
> >appears to be going wrong with the MIME recoder. Do you have raw
> >copies of the original messages, which I could look at?
>
> Right now I only have one raw copy. I can get some more tomorrow from my
> users I guess.

Um, using mutt to decode the original, unsanitized message produces
the exact same results before and after passing it through my
sanitizer - both versions with the "corrupted" attachment.

This has me tempted to blame whatever mailer was used to create the
message in the first place, instead of the sanitizer. Is that
reasonable? :) What program was used to compose the original message?

 03466@xyz.molar.is               -><-            http://bre.klaki.net/

Netverjar gegn ruslpósti: http://www.netverjar.is/baratta/ruslpostur/