anomy-list

Re: dropping text - restored by procmail

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (02294@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mið 16 Ágú 2000 - 10:32:22 UTC

mark david mcCreary wrote:

> Bjarni
>
> fyi - I am testing your system, and was using the drop! mode.
>
> I think your program tried to drop the attachment, but procmail seems to
> have restored it.

[snip]

> procmail: [31412] Tue Aug 15 21:21:57 2000
> procmail: Program failure (2) of "../.bin/sanitizer.pl"
> procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
> procmail: [31412] Tue Aug 15 21:21:57 2000
>
> No reply necessary.

*grin*

This is interesting, thanks for pointing it out. Apparently procmail
cannot both catch the program's exit code *and* use the output, it
does one or the other.

This is unfortunate, since it makes the exit-code stuff somewhat less
useful with procmail.

Of course, in most cases it probably doesn't matter since, since
people probably won't be passing messages that cause non-zero exit
codes on to the intended recipient, but it's still somewhat
irritating. I'll look into it, and if I find a decent solution I'll
post it to the list or include it in the README with the next
revision.

 02294@xyz.molar.is               -><-            http://bre.klaki.net/

Netverjar gegn ruslpósti: http://www.netverjar.is/baratta/ruslpostur/