anomy-list

Announcing sanitizer.pl revision 1.21

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (01629@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Lau 22 Júl 2000 - 14:52:21 UTC

Hi again,

Here comes protection against that nasty Outlook bug which was
discovered earlier this month. Sorry it took me so long to
implement this. The CHANGELOG says:

    Added generic protection against buffer overflows based on
    very long words in message headers: any single word over 128
    characters in length will be split in two. There is a more
    strict limit on the Date: header, which is known to be
    exploitable in some versions of Outlook.

    This is the "I drank too much in Eger" release.

I'm still on the road in Eastern Europe, so the same disclaimer
applies as last time: I will try to upload this release at the
same time as I send this mail, but if I'm unlucky things might
be delayed for a couple of days.

Upgrading is recommended, especially if you are sanitizing email
which will be read with Outlook.

--
Bjarni R. Einarsson :: 01629@xyz.molar.is :: http://bre.klaki.net/