anomy-list

Maybe announcing sanitizer.pl revision 1.20

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (01543@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fim 13 Júl 2000 - 19:07:11 UTC

Hi,

I'm writing this on my laptop in a train in south-east
Poland, and will send it next time I find a 'net café. When
I do find the net-café, I hope to upload a new revision of
the sanitizer (rev 1.20). If it doesn't appear on the web
site soon after you recieve this, then please just wait
patiently until I try again.

This revision contains only minor modifications to help the
sanitizer communicate (via exit-codes) with whatever process
invokes it (e.g. procmail). By setting the "score_bad" and
"score_panic" values, the exit code can be set to a non-zero
value. Also the "panic" policy has been introduced, and the
"!" policy-suffix added, which let you modify the exit code
from within your file-name mangling policy.

Check the README for more details.

Here's a procmail sample of how this could be used:

  ANOMY=/path/to/anomy

  # Sanitize the mail, but terminate as soon as things
  # start looking too creepy.
  #
  :0 fW:
  |/path/to/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl 'score_panic = 100'

  # Save really creepy email in a special quarantine
  # mailbox.
  #
  :0 e
  /path/to/quarantine