anomy-list

Re: Files with no extension

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (01331@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fim 15 Jún 2000 - 08:22:28 UTC

On 2000-06-15, 11:06:23 (+0200), Kim Johnny Mathisen wrote:
> How do I let files with no extension through (I still want default to be
> save). I have a couple of Macintosh-users how is not pleased with having to
> call for help everytime they get an email...

Assuming you already have 3 rules in your policy, and the default
policy is mangling (like the default, built-in configuration), append
this to the sanitizer.pl command line or modify your configuration
file to contain these lines:

        file_list_rules = 4

        file_list_4_policy = accept
        file_list_4 = ^[^\.]+$

This simply creates the fourth pattern, with an accept policy on any
file-name which doesn't have a dot in it.

What do people think of the current configuration mechanism anyway?

I've been doing perl for so long that I like just using regular
expressions directly, but I realize that for many the learning curve
might be a little steep...

Since this is perl, there's more than one way to do it (tm), and I
could relatively easily add a feature which builds common regexps for
people from a pre-defined set of keywords, like this:

        file_list_4 = NOEXT
        file_list_5 = EXT: com bat exe
        file_list_6 = NOT EXT: gif

Or would this just make things more confusing?

 01331@xyz.molar.is               -><-            http://bre.klaki.net/

Netverjar gegn ruslpósti: http://www.netverjar.is/baratta/ruslpostur/